Socially Distanced Live On The Vine 2020 in aid of Stag Sevenoaks
Published: 17 July 2020
Socially Distanced Live On The Vine 2020 in aid of Stag Sevenoaks 24 July – 6 September 2020
Sevenoaks Town Council is launching a family friendly fair-weather festival on the Vine Gardens this summer.
The Live On The Vine festival of events is being staged to help raise urgently needed money for the Stag Sevenoaks, and to provide a much-needed income for professional artists and entertainers whose incomes disappeared when the Covid-19 pandemic took hold.
Every weekend, weather permitting, live entertainment will be presented on the bandstand. We will be inviting audiences to ‘pay what you can’ and support the artists and our muchloved town centre theatre.
On Fridays from 6pm-8pm live music will help you wile away the summer nights, and on Saturdays from 2pm-4pm, family fun will feature to keep the kids entertained. Sundays from 3pm-5pm will bring bands back to their traditional bandstand.
We are looking for community volunteers to help steward the events and collect cash and contactless donations. If you would like to volunteer, we are looking for stewards and steward co-ordinators who are available to help at the garden entrances, collect donations, and clear up after the events. If you look good in a high-vis vest, why not email firstname.lastname@example.org and give us a Friday, Saturday or Sunday to help raise money for the Stag Sevenoaks and the professional artists whose incomes disappeared this year.
Stars of Britain’s Got Talent, Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club and Sevenoaks Panto
Live On The Vine will be launching with a treat for music fans on Friday 24 July. Internationally recognised swing and jazz singer Shane Hampsheir will perform with his band. Shane performs all over the world, and regularly sells out his one man shows at London’s finest jazz clubs, including the legendary Ronnie Scott’s. He is excited to be kicking off the summer of entertainment, helping to back a theatre that is close to his heart.
On Saturday 25 July families are in for a treat, as Britain’s Got Talent ventriloquist Steve Hewlett will be joined by local favourite Silly Billy for a hysterical Saturday afternoon of entertainment.
On Sunday 26 July, the Sam Hall’s Swinging Sensations will bring you their unique style of Dixieland Jazz, with a mix of old songs and new covers. This weekend, food and drink will be available from The Vine Café and The Vine Cricket Club.
Each week, a new line up will be confirmed, and times and artists will be updated depending on the weather. The best way to keep up to date is to follow Live On the Vine on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
How will it work?
Each week we will be announcing the weekends line up of entertainment, so keep an eye on our socials and website.
• If the weather is rubbish, we will cancel or rearrange. Again, stay up to date by following us so you never miss the latest news.
• Come along to The Vine allowing plenty of time to find a socially distanced spot for you and your household before the show begins. Feel free to lay out your blanket and picnic but avoid bringing chairs unless you have a medical need.
• You don’t need to book in advance, but on the day, audiences will be invited to donate at least £5 per person (both adults and children) – for those who can afford to, if you can afford to pay more, please do.
• All the money raised will be split between the Stag (receiving 50%), the Artists who perform (receiving 50%).
• Volunteer stewards will be on hand with cash and contactless options for you to donate before the show begins.
• Food and drink will be available from the Vine Café and the Cricket Club Bar. • Limited toilets are available.
Volunteer stewards will have extra bin bags available if you forget to bring your own, and large bins will be available for rubbish. Please do not leave litter.
• Please respect social distancing when finding somewhere to sit, and whilst moving around the area.
• If space in the gardens become limited, stewards may ask you to find somewhere else to sit or to come again another day.
Linda Larter MBE Chief Executive / Town Clerk 17th July 2020